- Adelaide, Australia based Sports and Exercise Physician (Specialist)
- Over 25 years experience working in full time sports medicine involving clinical consultations for sports injuries and other activity related medical and musculoskeletal problems.
- South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) as Medical Director
- SPORTSMED.SA for the last 25 years providing clinical care to South Australians.
- Chief Medical Officer of the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA)
- Australian Cricket Team Doctor
- Australian Rowing Team Doctor as a Gold Provider.
- Athletics Australia doctor for South Australia
- Researcher into Hamstring, Groin and Tendon Injuries
Education and Roles
Graduate of Adelaide University 1988.
Fellow of the Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP) Graduated 2003
25 years clinical experience in sports, exercise and musculoskeletal related injuries and problems
Team Doctor for elite sporting teams
Sports Medicine Researcher with Multiple peer reviewed publications and book chapters for the IOC
Expertise in hamstring, tendon and groin injuries
Speaker at sports medicine conferences
Continuing education with the ACSEP (Sports and Exercise Physicians)
Continuing education with the RACGP (General Practitioners)
Active sport participant (Tennis, Running)
Activity Related Groin Injuries
If you have a activity related groin or hip injury come and see me for diagnosis and management plan
I have published world leading research in groin injuries. Come and see me for diagnosis, investigation and management
Muscle and Tendon Injuries especially hamstring muscles and achilles tendon
I have published world leading research in muscle and tendon injuries. Come and see me for state of the art diagnosis and management
Gluteal and Buttock Injuries
Back Injuries - non surgical management
Arthritis of the Back, Hip, Knee and Ankle
A non-surgical management approach
Exercise is medicine.
Alternatives plans to surgery are specifically tailored to your circumstances and interests
Research and Conference Participation
25-years experience in emergency Saturday afternoon casualty medicine.
I aim get you back ASAP
Specialty Sports Interests
Australian Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rowing, Tennis
25 years full time sports medicine
2500 new patient problems every year
Elite sport experience in Australian Football, Cricket, Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Diving, Kayaking, Rowing, Tennis, Cycling, Netball, Soccer
Strong research focus and world leading in areas such as muscle injuries, groin injuries and tendon injuries.
Current researcher in conjunction with the University of Adelaide