Learn more about the people and services at SPARC
The Sports and Arthritis Clinic (SPARC) is a collaboration of specialist sports and exercise physicians and select allied health practitioners providing world-class sports and activity related musculoskeletal care. SPARC is the first South Australian business to be governed by Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP), who are physician specialists in this field. This enables not just the specialist level of knowledge and experience in non-surgical management, but also appropriate integration with our experienced allied health partners.
SPARC offers not just a modern fully equipped gym and training site, but also expert integration with our multi-disciplinary team which includes:
- Sports and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP)
- Sports and general podiatry
- Specialist physiotherapy (Masters Sports Physiotherapy)
- Exercise physiology
- Gym classes: Including osteoarthritis and cardiac rehab
- Sports Dietitian
- Chiropractic care
- Personal training and group exercise classes with Ryan Lewis
- Sports Psychology
Our doctors also maintain an active presence in the community, looking after a wide variety of athletes and sports including:
- Dr Geoff Verrall
- Medical director of the South Australia Sports Institute (SASI)
- South Australia Cricket Association
- Team doctor Australian Mens Cricket team
- Dr Duncan Walker
- Team doctor for the AFL women’s and men's Crows
- Team doctor for the Adelaide 36’ers
- Touring doctor for the Australian Young Socceroos
- Medical director of the South Australian Sports Medicine Association
- Dr Alexander Kleinschmidt
- Experienced GP and Sports Physician registrar
- Concussion management
- Bike setups
- Running gait analysis
- Osteoarthritis management
- On site diagnostic and interventional ultrasound procedures
- Reducing the need for multiple appointments and expensive radiology referrals
You can expect us to be actively promoting activity and education in the community, and will find our practitioners happy to use their experience to help keep you active, in whatever your goals may be.
From helping you continue playing tennis into your 70’s, dealing with your chronic back pain, non-surgical treatment for your osteoarthritis or completing your first marathon, our integrated team can help guide your through.
We invite you to meet our team and services we offer, and look forward to working alongside you.